Cookies: Means small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Comply with a legal obligation: Means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
Data Processors (or Service Providers): Means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Website and is the subject of Personal Data.
Legitimate Interest: Means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best service/product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests.
Personal Data or Personal Information: Means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data: Data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a pagevisit).
Website: Is the www.ltwp.co.ke Website, operated by Lake Turkana Wind Power
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Website for you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Website, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
We do not collect any special categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data), nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
We may also collect information how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Website, to improve and customize our Website. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Website at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Website.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Advertising Cookies. Advertising Cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
Use of Data
Lake Turkana Wind Power uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Website.
- To notify you about changes to our Website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website when you choose to do so.
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Website.
- To monitor the usage of our Website.
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues.
- To provide you with news, and general information about other services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We need to perform a contract with you..
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests, and it’s not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
Transfer of Data
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement: Under certain circumstances, Lake Turkana Wind Power may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Legal Requirements: Lake Turkana Wind Power may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Lake Turkana Wind Power.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Website.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Website or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Do Not Track Signals
You have the right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you.
- Have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified, as required.
- Confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data in accordance with the purposes for which personal data is collected
- Have your personal data deleted from our files and data stores and those of third controllers involved where required by law.
Note that some of these rights are limited by other’s rights to data protection.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide the Website on our behalf, to perform Website -related services or to assist us in analysing how our Website is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
Our Website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Lake Turkana Wind Power will provide information on the manner in which complaints to regulators may be made, if requested to do so.